This is a 3 years full time under graduate programme offered by Doon Business School affiliated to HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar, Garhwal (Uttarakhand) - A central University. The BCA degree is conferred at the convocation held by HNB Garhwal University.
In the present academic year 2014, DBS attracted students from 23 states and 3 countries. This instigates a healthy and unmatched culture because one of the best sources of student learning is peer interaction.
Imagine the variety of experiences students from different backgrounds bring to classroom, the contribution they make to the learning process. The different backgrounds, cultures, and mindsets will lead to many long, fascinating, classroom discussions. No doubt, many friendships will also be formed that will last long years after graduation.
The entire course curriculum is conducted in Six Semesters covering all major programming languages, and in the final year students are required to focus on independent project dissertation for enhancing their practical skills and to enable them for facing the challenges of industries. For detailed syllabus Click here...
The Institute is well equipped with state-of-the-art computing facility with Dual Core class computers connected through the Local Area Network. All students have free access to the computers to do their work any time of the day. The high speed Internet connectivity provides an extended access to vast intellectual resources. These facilities are an integral part of the curriculum. All students are provided training on Internet and Web Management and assigned individual email id’s. Students are pre-registered automatically to use the computer facilities. In addition to the computers, there is access to wide range of facilities including documentation, advice and training on supported software.
All students must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Step 1 - Go through the DBS Undergraduate Courses USP here
- Step 2 - If interested and eligible, Apply Online here
- Step 3 - Selected students will be intimated over email/phone
Workshops, Seminar and other activities:
The institute also conducts workshop and seminars as per the requirement of industries:
- Workshop on programming languages
- Workshop on networking
- Conduct of various IT related activities like lord of code, debugging etc.
- Live projects
- Industrial visits
- BCA101 : Programming in ‘C’
- BCA102 : Fundamental of Computers
- BCA103 : Mathematical foundation of Computer Science
- BCA104 : Business Communications
- BCAP11 : Programming in ‘C’
- BCAP12 : PC Packages (Introduction to Operating system
& MS Office)
- BCA201 : Data Structure & File Organization
- BCA202 : Programming in C++
- BCA203 : System Analysis and Design
- BCA204 : Digital Electronics
- BCAP21 : Data Structure & File Organization
- BCAP22 : Programming in C++
- BCA301 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques
- BCA302 : Data Base Management System
- BCA303 : Theory of Computation
- BCA304 : Organization Structure and Personnel Management
- BCAP31 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques
- BCAP32 : Data Base Management System
- BCA401 : Operating system Organization & UNIX
- BCA402 : Visual Basic Programming
- BCA403 : Software Engineering
- BCA404 : Data Communication & Computer Networks
- BCAP41 : Operating System Organization & UNIX
- BCAP42 : Visual Basic Programming
- BCA501 : Computer Graphics
- BCA502 : Web Programming using JAVA
- BCA503 : Management Information System
- BCA504 : .Net Technology
- BCAP51 : Programming in JAVA
- BCAP52 : Net Technology
- BCA601 : .Net Framework
- BCA602 : Network Security
- BCAP61 : .Net Framework
- BCASM : Seminar
- BCAPR : Project