This is a 3 years full time under graduate programme offered by Doon Business School affiliated to HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar, Garhwal (Uttarakhand) - A central University. The BCA degree is conferred at the convocation held by HNB Garhwal University.
In the present academic year 2014, DBS attracted students from 23 states and 3 countries. This instigates a healthy and unmatched culture because one of the best sources of student learning is peer interaction.
Imagine the variety of experiences students from different backgrounds bring to classroom, the contribution they make to the learning process. The different backgrounds, cultures, and mindsets will lead to many long, fascinating, classroom discussions. No doubt, many friendships will also be formed that will last long years after graduation.
The entire course curriculum is conducted in Six Semesters covering all major programming languages, and in the final year students are required to focus on independent project dissertation for enhancing their practical skills and to enable them for facing the challenges of industries. For detailed syllabus Click here...
The Institute is well equipped with state-of-the-art computing facility with Dual Core class computers connected through the Local Area Network. All students have free access to the computers to do their work any time of the day. The high speed Internet connectivity provides an extended access to vast intellectual resources. These facilities are an integral part of the curriculum. All students are provided training on Internet and Web Management and assigned individual email id’s. Students are pre-registered automatically to use the computer facilities. In addition to the computers, there is access to wide range of facilities including documentation, advice and training on supported software.
All students must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Step 1 - Go through the DBS Undergraduate Courses USP here
- Step 2 - If interested and eligible, Apply Online here
- Step 3 - Selected students will be intimated over email/phone
Workshops, Seminar and other activities:
The institute also conducts workshop and seminars as per the requirement of industries:
- Workshop on programming languages
- Workshop on networking
- Conduct of various IT related activities like lord of code, debugging etc.
- Live projects
- Industrial visits
- Admissions in above Under Graduate Courses is on the basis of merit of Class XII marks and personal interview.
- You may fill the registration form available on the website and pay Rs. 1000/- on line as the registration fees.
Alternatively: You may download the registration form from our website www.doonbusinessschool.com and fill the same, attach a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of Doon Business School payable at Dehradun. And send the same at Doon Business School, 122 mi, Selaqui, Dehradun. On the receipt of the duly filled registration form the institute will inform the date of PI and nearest location as per the preference filled by you through email or telephonically.
- On the date of scheduled interview the student shall report at the venue on time, wherein briefing of the institute, rules and regulations etc shall be given to the students. The students should carry the following documents along with the following certificates in original for verification:
• 8 passport size photographs
• Character certificate from the last school attended
• 10th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• 12th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• Two sets of photocopies of all the above documents.
• Copies of extracurricular / sports or any other major achievement done on basis of which additional consideration is being made.
Upon verification of the above documents, the candidates shall appear for their Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- If any of the above mentioned documents are not available, then the admission given shall be provisional basis unless submitted. The required documents will have to be submitted latest by 30th October 2016.
- The merit list is drawn on the basis of weightage as under
Class 12 % - 50%
Personal Interveiw - 50%
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of above. Those shortlisted ,an offer / short listing letter will be sent to them.
- On Receipt of the above letter students need to confirm their admission with in 15 day of receiving the communication and deposit the course admission fees which is Rs. 10000/-
The fees can be deposited online through our website or through bank draft in favour of Doon Business School. On receipt of the above fees with in the stipulated time, the student will be issued the confirmed admission letter clearly stating if he / she has been approved for the value addition programs or not.
- Students confirmed for admission shall have to deposit the balance fees for the first year within next 30 days of confirmation of admission.
Those students wishing to avail a bank loan and requiring extra time shall make a request within 3 weeks of confirmation of admission. Additional time to deposit the fee for 30 days or as deemed fit by the Director through a bank loan will be granted only on an additional payment of Rs. 10000/- with an undertaking that in case the fees is not deposited till the due date, the seat may be allotted to another candidate.
In case of sanction of higher loan amounts, the balance will be refunded to the students.
- BCA101 : Programming in ‘C’
- BCA102 : Fundamental of Computers
- BCA103 : Mathematical foundation of Computer Science
- BCA104 : Business Communications
- BCAP11 : Programming in ‘C’
- BCAP12 : PC Packages (Introduction to Operating system
& MS Office)
- BCA201 : Data Structure & File Organization
- BCA202 : Programming in C++
- BCA203 : System Analysis and Design
- BCA204 : Digital Electronics
- BCAP21 : Data Structure & File Organization
- BCAP22 : Programming in C++
- BCA301 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques
- BCA302 : Data Base Management System
- BCA303 : Theory of Computation
- BCA304 : Organization Structure and Personnel Management
- BCAP31 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques
- BCAP32 : Data Base Management System
- BCA401 : Operating system Organization & UNIX
- BCA402 : Visual Basic Programming
- BCA403 : Software Engineering
- BCA404 : Data Communication & Computer Networks
- BCAP41 : Operating System Organization & UNIX
- BCAP42 : Visual Basic Programming
- BCA501 : Computer Graphics
- BCA502 : Web Programming using JAVA
- BCA503 : Management Information System
- BCA504 : .Net Technology
- BCAP51 : Programming in JAVA
- BCAP52 : Net Technology
- BCA601 : .Net Framework
- BCA602 : Network Security
- BCAP61 : .Net Framework
- BCASM : Seminar
- BCAPR : Project