- Q1. What is the difference between PGDM and MBA?
- A1. PGDM at DBS is an AICTE approved Post Graduate Diploma in Management similar to any other PGDM given by IIMs, XLRI, SP Jain, IMI Delhi, FORE School. All PGDM institutes are autonomous bodies which are given permission to run specialized management programs since these are specialized management autonomous bodies and not Universities. Hence, in place of university degrees, an AICTE approved PGDM is granted. For all corporate jobs, PGDM is generally preferred over MBA, because of exhaustive and specialized nature of training.
- Q2. Of the two courses PGDM and MBA offered by DBS, which is better?
- A2. 1. PGDM is a much more exhaustive course. It has 48 courses spread over 2 years, whereas MBA will have 32 courses.
2. With more courses in PGDM the student is able to cover his specialization more comprehensively and in much greater depth, and is more likely to get better placements.
3. The courses in PGDM are latest and incorporate current trends in syllabus. In fact in DBS the PGDM curriculum includes the certification courses from the industry as a part of the curriculum itself. For example:
. NISM certificate course in stocks and shares from National Stock Exchange is part of the course in trimester II
. CII Certificate in International Logistics is a part of trimester IV.
Whereas, in MBA+BASE, the certificate courses are not part of the main course.
4. PGDM is a trimester program and each course is completed in 3 months time, which takes 4 months to complete in MBA. Hence, it is a fast paced course and covers more bandwidth in 2 years time than MBA.
- Q3. What are the various specializations being offered in post graduate courses?
- A3. a) MBA from UTU offers dual specialization (Major and Minor) to be selected from Finance, Marketing, HR & IB.
b) PGDM offers one major and one minor specialization from the core subjects and a super specialization from any of the functional areas. For example the student can choose Major & Minor from Finance, Marketing, HR, IB and superspecialization from: Energy Management, Knowledge Management, International Logistics Management, Media and Advertising Management, Luxury Brand Management, Political Management.
- Q 4. What is SAP?
- A 4. SAP is the most popular ERP package. Today more than 10,000 companies spanning across 80,000 business users and 140 countries use SAP to run their businesses. SAP at DBS starts with the basics of SAP and ASAP methodology. This is further enhanced with TERP10 and SAP modules like SD, CRM, HCM, FSCM etc which are in line with the specializations chosen by the students. SAP certification conducted by SAP Germany is offered to all students who take SAP courses at the end of the course at very nominal rates.
- Q 5. What is Six Sigma?
- A 5. Six Sigma is a certification related to lean management product and process quality. DBS students undergo a rigorous training conducted by experts of black belt at the end of which they understand the significance and process of quality, quality improvement, and measurement. Students are encouraged to complete the basic certification of ‘Green Belt’ at the end of the course.
- Q6. Why is French Language included in the program?
- A6. French is the second highest spoken language in the world. Learning French increases your place-ability not only in good companies in India but also abroad.The French Language program at Doon Business School, is designed keeping in mind the latest expectations of the industry, and allows students to have a professional edge in today’s competitive environment. DBS has entered into anMoU with the Embassy of France for teaching French language. A French national, an expert in the teaching of French, teaches French to the students at the end of which a globally recognized due certification is provided.
- Q 7. What is NSE certification and how does it benefit us?
- A7. NSE Certification course has been included to give students a deep understanding of the functioning of the capital markets along with hands-on practical training.
- Q8. What do you mean by III Certification?
- A8. Certificate courses in insurance provides students with an understanding of the insurance industry and the types of insurance people can buy. A typical certificate program prepares students for careers in areas such as sales, customer service, claims assistance or underwriting.
- Q9. What is the minimum percentile, graduation percentage required for applying to DBS?
- A9. Admission in DBS is on the basis of performance in GD&PI percentile in written examination and Graduations Marks. So if you perform well in GD&PI despite having secured a low percentage in graduation, you still stand a good chance at getting admission in DBS. You may apply irrespective of whatever marks /score you have got.
- Q10. I have not given any written examination so far, can I still apply for DBS?
- A 10. Yes. Your selection will be on the basis of graduation marks, GD & Interview and you will be offered a conditional admission. You can appear in the UKSEEE examination to be conducted by the Uttarakhand Technical University in Aug/Sept 2017, and subject to your securing a specified percentile your admission will be regularized.
- Q11. Whether DBS provides hostel facility?
- A11. Yes, DBS has multiple hostels on campus and also nearby off campus hostels, for both boys and girls.
- Q12. What is continuous internship program at DBS?
- A12. Summer internship is first- time industry interaction for a project in a company for 6-8 weeks. Our continuous internship programme places the student on real time work profile in a company for 2 days a week for one year. This helps in effective transition from student to Management position.
- Q13. What is the difference between MBA & MBA+BASE (Business Aptitude andskill enhancement (++)?
- A13. The MBA+BASE Program consists of regular university MBA course designed by UTU, along with other value added/skill enhancement certifications like SAP,SIX SIGMA, NSE,and French language certification, computerized accounting along with 5-7 days Mumbai/Goa Tour, whereas MBA program follows the UTU curriculum and no additional skills certificates are provided.
- Q14. I am appearing in the final year. My results will be declared in Aug/Sep, 2017. Can I apply?
- A14. If you have a valid MAT/CAT score & qualify the merit of DBS, you will be required to produce your passing certificate of graduation, with minimum 50% marks latest by 30th Oct 2017. For making the merit in such cases, average of 1st and 2nd year graduation marks will be considered.
- Q15. I’m appearing in Feb 2017 MAT. Will I be eligible?
- A15. Valid MAT/CAT score of last 3 years upto the last date of registration will be considered on percentile basis for preparing the first merit list for counseling and interview. Yes, Feb 2017 MAT score will be eligible.
- Q16. What is the last date of registration?
- A16. DBS Group follows a rolling admission policy. If you apply early and cross the threshold of merit in GD, PI, entrance exam and graduation marks, you will be offered a seat. On the basis of total acceptance the admissions can be closed at any time. Hence, there is always a better chance if you apply early.
- Q17. Does Institute arrange for a Bank loan?
- A17. Yes, all nationalized banks will provide you loan once you have the admission letter from Doon Business School. College provides assistance & required documents needed for the bank loan.
- Q18. What is the Maximum/Average package offered to a DBS Student from Campus placements?
- A18. Over 80 companies visited the campus in 2015-16. The maximum take home salary has been Rs.20.5 Lac & CTC 23 Lakhs. The average salary on offer was 5.2 Lacs.
Hope the above would have cleared your doubts about the process of admission. In case there is any other query regarding admissions, Please mail at email@example.com& call at 0135-2699085, 2699166
Graduate degree in any discipline with Minimum 50% marks. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.
MBA degree provides students an option to choose one major filed and one minor field of specialization from Marketing, Finance, HRM and International Business. The curriculum is interspersed with seminars, industrial tours and industry oriented projects providing ample opportunity to interact with industry professionals.
- MB101 Principles and Practices of Management
- MB102 Financial Accounting
- MB103 Statistics for Management
- MB104 Managerial Economics
- MB105 Business Environment
- MB106 Business Laws
- MB107 Business Communication
- MB108 Computer Applications in Business
- MB201 OrganisationalBehaviour
- MB202 Management Accounting
- MB203 Operations Research
- MB204 Marketing Management
- MB205 Financial Management
- MB206 Human Resource Management
- MB207 Production and Operations Management
- MB208 Business Research Methods
- MB301 International Business
- MB302 Project Management
- MB303 Total Quality Management
- Elective Major 1
- Elective Major 2
- Elective Major 3
- Elective Minor 1
- MB308 Training Report and Viva-Voce
SPECIALISATION ELECTIVES OFFERED (Three Major and One Minor)
- 1 MB 304 (M1) Consumer Behaviour
- 2 MB 304 (M2) Advertising Management
- 3 MB 304 (M3) Marketing of Services
- 4 MB 304 (M4) Marketing Research
- 5 MB 304 (M5) Retail Management
- 1 MB 305 (F1) Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- 2 MB 305 (F2) Financial Markets and Institutions
- 3 MB 305 (F3) International Financial Management
- 4 MB 305 (F4) Corporate Tax Planning
- 5 MB 305 (F5) Risk Management and Insurance
- 1 MB 306 (H1) Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
- 2 MB 306 (H2) Industrial Psychology
- 3 MB 306 (H3) Human Resource Planning & Development
- 4 MB 306 (H4) Performance Management
- 5 MB 306 (H5) Organisational Structure and Change
GROUP 4: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- 1 MB 307 (IB1) International Logistics Management
- 2 MB 307 (IB2) Cross-Cultural Business Management
- 3 MB 307 (IB3) Management of Multinational Corporations
- 4 MB 307 (IB4) International Business Laws and Treaties
- MB401 Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- MB402 Strategic Management
- MB403 Entrepreneurship Development
- MB404 Research Project
- Elective Major 4
- Elective Major 5
- Elective Minor 2
- MB409 Viva- Voce
- Admissions in the MBA program are on the basis of merit of MAT/CAT/CMAT/ XAT/GMAT marks, graduation marks and group discussion and personal interview thereafter.
- You may fill the registration form available on the website and pay Rs 1000/ on line as the registration fees.
Alternatively - You may download the registration form from our website www.doonbusinessschool.com and fill the same, attach a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour of Doon Business School payable at Dehradun and send the same at Doon Business School, 122 mi, Selaqui, Dehradun - 248011.
On the receipt of the duly filled registration form the institute will inform the date of GD and PI and nearest location as per the preference filled by you through email or telephonically.
- On the date of scheduled interview the student shall report at the venue on time, wherein briefing of the institute, rules and regulations etc shall be given to the students. The students should carry the following documents along with the following certificates in original for verification:
• 8 passport size photographs
• Character certificate from the last institute / college attended
• 10th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• 12th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• MAT/CAT/CMAT/GMAT scorecard in original
• Graduation mark sheets for all 3 years
• Two sets of photocopies of all the above documents
Upon verification of the above documents students shall appear for their Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- If any of the above mentioned documents are not available, then the admission given shall be provisional basis unless submitted. The required documents will have to be submitted latest by 30th October 2017.
- The merit list is drawn on the basis of weightage as under
• Graduation% - 25%
• MAT/CAT/CMAT/GMAT - 25%
• GD/CASE Analysis - 25%
• Personal Interview - 25%.
Those aggregating to 60% in total as above will be shortlisted for admission an offer / shortlisting letter will be sent to them.
- On Receipt of the above letter students need to confirm their admission with in 15 day of receiving the communication. And deposit the course admission fees which is Rs 25,000/- for MBA.
The fees can be deposited online through our website or through bank draft in favourof Doon Business School for MBA.
On receipt of the above fees with in the stipulated time, the student will be issued the confirmed admission letter clearly stating if he / she has been approved for the value addition programs or not.
- Students confirmed for admission shall have to deposit the balance fees for the first year within next 30 days of confirmation of admission.
Those students wishing to avail a bank loan and requiring extra time shall make a request within 3 weeks of confirmation of admission. Additional time to deposit the fee for 30 days or as deemed fit by the Director through a bank loan will be granted only on an additional payment of Rs 25,000/ with an undertaking that in case the fees is not deposited till the due date, the seat may be allotted to another candidate. In case of sanction of higher loan amounts, the balance will be refunded to the students.
- Normalization Chart being used by DBS Group for various exams on basis of percentile:
Score Normalization Factor CAT Percentile +2 MAT Percentile -3 XAT Percentile +0 CMAT Score (CMAT Score/Highest Score) X 100) + 3 GMAT Score (GMAT Score/800) X 100) + 5
Student who have appeared in more than 1 exam should mention the score of that exam which will give them a higher score on the basis of the above chart.
However, while mentioning the scores on the form original score should only be mentioned.
Disclaimer: The above normalization chart is an internal process of DBS Group, and is in no way demeaning for any particular exam type.
Estimated Cost of MBA At Doon Business School
Bank Loan Purporse Only
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year|
|Admission Fees (Non-Refundable)||25,000|
|Other incidental charges collected on behalf of Service Providers/Student Associations|
|Fees||Service Provider||1st Year||2nd Year|
|University Examination Fee||Uttarakhand Technical University||8500||7500|
|Alumni Association Registration||DBS Alumni||1500|
|Alumni Subscription Annual||DBS Alumni||1000|
|Industry Visits & Tours||Udaan Travels||6500||4500|
|College Festivals & Activities Fees||3000||2000|
|Career Development Cell Membership||Career Development Cell||7500||7500|
|Total Amount for other expenses||27,000||22,500|
|Other Optional Charges : Students can opt for a composite BASE program or can pick any additional certificate program as per their choice.|
|BASE Charges : Include charges for SAP Certification, Insurance certificate of III Level One, NSE-NCFM-Stock Exchange, Six Sigma Green Belt, Computerized Accounting Tally ERP 9.0, Classes for French & Business English by Cambridge, and special personality development charges and Tour to Goa & Mumbai.||45000||45000|
|Individual Certificates||Service Provider||1st Year||2nd Year|
|SAP - Navigation||ERP Foundation||40,000|
|NSE (NCFM certification- Stock & Share)||NSE||10,000|
|Business English Cambridge Certificate||7500|
|Insurance Certification III||Insurance Institute of India||10,000|
|French Language||Alliance Francise||10,000|
|Domestic Tour mumbai Goa||11,500|
|SAP - Consultant Modules (FICO/MM/HR)||ERP Foundation||25,000|
|NSE (NCFM certification- Derivatives)||NSE||10,000|
|CII International Logistics||Confederation of Indian Industry||20,000|
|Six Sigma Certification||Fanatic Institute Indore||20,000|
|Computrised accounting Tally 9.0||Tally Academy||10,000|
|Membership HR Centre - Manpower Consultancy||Manpower Consultancy||40,000|
|Luxury Brand Marketring/ social Media Marketing||Test Formula, New Delhi||15,000|
|Foreign Tour (5+2 Days)||60,000|
|Charges for Uniform (One Time)||Dress Camp||7900|
|Book Bank Facility (One Time)||EET Library||5000|