- Core Course C-1 Introduction to Journalism
- Core Course C-2 Introduction to Media and Communication
- AECC English/ MIL Communication
- GE - 1 Print Journalism and Production
- Core Course C - 3 Reporting and Editing for Print
- Core Course C - 4 Media and Cultural Study
- AECC Environmental Science
- GE - 2 Photography
- Core Course C - 5 Introduction to Broadcast Media
- Core Course C - 6 History of the Media
- Core Course C - 7 Advertising and Public Relations
- SEC - 1 Radio Production
- GE - 3 Film Appreciation
- Core Course C - 8 Introduction to New Media
- Core Course C - 9 Development Communication
- Core Course C - 10 Media Ethics and the Law
- SEC - 2 Documentary Production
- GE - 4 Multimedia Journalism
- Core Course C - 11 Global Media and Politics
- Core Course C - 12 Advanced Broadcast Media
- DSE : Any two of the followings
- DSE - 1 Media Industry and Management AND / OR Media Industry and Management
- DSE - 2 Photography
- DSE - 3 Media Gender and Human Rights
- Core Course C - 13 Advanced New Media
- Core Course C - 14 Communication Research and Methods
- DSE : Any two of the following
- DSE - 4 Introduction to Film Studies
- DSE - 5 Development Journalism
- DSE - 6 * Dissertation
All students must have passed 10+2 examination with English as one of the subjects with a bare minimum of 45% marks to become eligible for the course.
- Q1. What are the various graduate courses being offered by DBS and which universities are they affiliated to?
- A1. The various courses being offered by DBS along with their affiliations are:
1. BBA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
2. BCA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
3. BA Mass Comm- Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
4. B.Com with Computerized Accounting - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
- Q2. What is the duration of the various graduate and post graduate courses?
- A2. All the graduate courses are of 3 year and post graduate course are of 2 year duration.
- Q3. What is the qualifying criteria for admission in a M.A.(Mass Communication) program at DBS?
- A3. A student must have passed graduate examination with a bare minimum of 50% marks. Admission in DBS is on the basis of performance in GDPI. So if you perform well in GDPI in spite having secured low percentage in graduation, you still stand a good chance in getting admission in DBS. So you may apply irrespective of whatever marks / score you have got.
- Q4. Whether DBS provides hostel facility?
- A4. Yes, DBS has a separate in-house hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Q5. What value addition has been done by DBS to the course of MAMC?
- A5. DBS has incorporated various value addition courses to the regular MAMC, offered by HNB Garhwal university, for skill enhancement of students. The various certifications are Radio Production Training, Television Production training, Dance classes, Anchoring classes, Theatre & Acting classes, CorelDraw, website development and Java technologies.
- Q6. What is the last date of registration?
- A6. The last date of registration shall be notified on website shortly. However you are advised not to wait for the last date to avoid any postal delay.
- Q7. Does Institute arrange for a Bank loan?
- A7. Yes, all nationalized banks will provide you loan once you have the admission letter from Doon Business School. College provides assistance & required documents needed for the bank loan.
- Q8. What is the Maximum/Average package offered to a DBS Student through Campus placements?
- A8. The Placements for the 2013-15 batches is currently going on. So far, the highest package offered is Rs. 4.2 lakhs and the average is Rs 2.4 lakhs.
Hope the above would have cleared your doubts about the process of admission. In case there is any other query regarding admission.
Please mail At [email protected] & call at 0135-3240733, 2699166.