- Q1. What are the various graduate courses being offered by DBS and which universities are they affiliated to?
- A1. The various courses being offered by DBS along with their affiliations are:
1. BBA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
2. BCA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
3. BA Mass Comm- Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
4. B.Com with Computerized Accounting - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
- Q2. What is the duration of the various graduate and post graduate courses?
- A2. All the graduate courses are of 3 year and post graduate course are of 2 year duration.
- Q3. What is the qualifying criteria for admission in a M.A.(Mass Communication) program at DBS?
- A3. A student must have passed graduate examination with a bare minimum of 50% marks. Admission in DBS is on the basis of performance in GDPI. So if you perform well in GDPI in spite having secured low percentage in graduation, you still stand a good chance in getting admission in DBS. So you may apply irrespective of whatever marks / score you have got.
- Q4. Whether DBS provides hostel facility?
- A4. Yes, DBS has a separate in-house hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Q5. What value addition has been done by DBS to the course of MAMC?
- A5. DBS has incorporated various value addition courses to the regular MAMC, offered by HNB Garhwal university, for skill enhancement of students. The various certifications are Radio Production Training, Television Production training, Dance classes, Anchoring classes, Theatre & Acting classes, CorelDraw, website development and Java technologies.
- Q6. What is the last date of registration?
- A6. The last date of registration shall be notified on website shortly. However you are advised not to wait for the last date to avoid any postal delay.
- Q7. Does Institute arrange for a Bank loan?
- A7. Yes, all nationalized banks will provide you loan once you have the admission letter from Doon Business School. College provides assistance & required documents needed for the bank loan.
- Q8. What is the Maximum/Average package offered to a DBS Student through Campus placements?
- A8. The Placements for the 2013-15 batches is currently going on. So far, the highest package offered is Rs. 4.2 lakhs and the average is Rs 2.4 lakhs.
Hope the above would have cleared your doubts about the process of admission. In case there is any other query regarding admission.
All students must have passed 10+2 examination with English as one of the subjects with a bare minimum of 45% marks to become eligible for the course.
- Admissions in above Under Graduate Courses is on the basis of merit of Class XII marks and personal interview.
- You may fill the registration form available on the website and pay Rs. 1000/- on line as the registration fees.
Alternatively: You may download the registration form from our website www.doonbusinessschool.com and fill the same, attach a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of Doon Business School payable at Dehradun. And send the same at Doon Business School, 122 mi, Selaqui, Dehradun. On the receipt of the duly filled registration form the institute will inform the date of PI and nearest location as per the preference filled by you through email or telephonically.
- On the date of scheduled interview the student shall report at the venue on time, wherein briefing of the institute, rules and regulations etc shall be given to the students. The students should carry the following documents along with the following certificates in original for verification:
• 8 passport size photographs
• Character certificate from the last school attended
• 10th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• 12th class marks sheet & pass certificate
• Two sets of photocopies of all the above documents.
• Copies of extracurricular / sports or any other major achievement done on basis of which additional consideration is being made.
Upon verification of the above documents, the candidates shall appear for their Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- If any of the above mentioned documents are not available, then the admission given shall be provisional basis unless submitted. The required documents will have to be submitted latest by 30th October 2016.
- The merit list is drawn on the basis of weightage as under
Class 12 % - 50%
Personal Interveiw - 50%
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of above. Those shortlisted ,an offer / short listing letter will be sent to them.
- On Receipt of the above letter students need to confirm their admission with in 15 day of receiving the communication and deposit the course admission fees which is Rs. 10000/-
The fees can be deposited online through our website or through bank draft in favour of Doon Business School for MBA-IB and MA Mass Comm. On receipt of the above fees with in the stipulated time, the student will be issued the confirmed admission letter clearly stating if he / she has been approved for the value addition programs or not.
- Students confirmed for admission shall have to deposit the balance fees for the first year within next 30 days of confirmation of admission.
Those students wishing to avail a bank loan and requiring extra time shall make a request within 3 weeks of confirmation of admission. Additional time to deposit the fee for 30 days or as deemed fit by the Director through a bank loan will be granted only on an additional payment of Rs. 10000/- with an undertaking that in case the fees is not deposited till the due date, the seat may be allotted to another candidate.
In case of sanction of higher loan amounts, the balance will be refunded to the students.
- Core Course C-1 Introduction to Journalism
- Core Course C-2 Introduction to Media and Communication
- AECC English/ MIL Communication
- GE - 1 Print Journalism and Production
- Core Course C - 3 Reporting and Editing for Print
- Core Course C - 4 Media and Cultural Study
- AECC Environmental Science
- GE - 2 Photography
- Core Course C - 5 Introduction to Broadcast Media
- Core Course C - 6 History of the Media
- Core Course C - 7 Advertising and Public Relations
- SEC - 1 Radio Production
- GE - 3 Film Appreciation
- Core Course C - 8 Introduction to New Media
- Core Course C - 9 Development Communication
- Core Course C - 10 Media Ethics and the Law
- SEC - 2 Documentary Production
- GE - 4 Multimedia Journalism
- Core Course C - 11 Global Media and Politics
- Core Course C - 12 Advanced Broadcast Media
- DSE : Any two of the followings
- DSE - 1 Media Industry and Management AND / OR Media Industry and Management
- DSE - 2 Photography
- DSE - 3 Media Gender and Human Rights
- Core Course C - 13 Advanced New Media
- Core Course C - 14 Communication Research and Methods
- DSE : Any two of the following
- DSE - 4 Introduction to Film Studies
- DSE - 5 Development Journalism
- DSE - 6 * Dissertation