- SOACL – C001 Principle of Mass Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C002 Development of Media Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C003 Print Media – I (Reporting and Editing) Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C004 Electronic Media ( Radio and Television) Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C005 Advertising and Public Relations / Corporate Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C006 General Awareness and Current Affairs Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C007 Development Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C008 Communication Research Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C009 Media Law and Ethics Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C010 Advanced Public Relations/ Corporate Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C011 Media Management Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C012 Print Media Practical – II (Practical) P. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C013 Radio : Radio Journalism and Production– I Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C014 Television : Television Journalism and Production – I Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C 015 Advanced Advertising Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C 016 Dissertation 100 Marks
- SOACL – E 017 International Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – E 018 Society and Communication Media Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – E Human Rights and Mass Media Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C 020 Health Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C021 New Media Technology Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C022 Film Studies Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C023 Radio Journalism and Production–II (Practical) P. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – C024 T.V. Journalism and Production – II (Practical) P. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – E025 Environmental Communication
- SOACL – E026 Science and Technology Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
- SOACL – E027 Inter-Cultural Communication
- SOACL – E028 Sports Communication Th. 60 + SM 40
All students must have passed 10+2 examination with English as one of the subjects with a bare minimum of 45% marks to become eligible for the course.
- Q1. What are the various graduate courses being offered by DBS and which universities are they affiliated to?
- A1. The various courses being offered by DBS along with their affiliations are:
1. BBA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
2. BCA - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
3. BA Mass Comm- Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
4. B.Com with Computerized Accounting - Affiliated to H.N.B Garhwal University
- Q2. What is the duration of the various graduate and post graduate courses?
- A2. All the graduate courses are of 3 year and post graduate course are of 2 year duration.
- Q3. What is the qualifying criteria for admission in a M.A.(Mass Communication) program at DBS?
- A3. A student must have passed graduate examination with a bare minimum of 50% marks. Admission in DBS is on the basis of performance in GDPI. So if you perform well in GDPI in spite having secured low percentage in graduation, you still stand a good chance in getting admission in DBS. So you may apply irrespective of whatever marks / score you have got.
- Q4. Whether DBS provides hostel facility?
- A4. Yes, DBS has a separate in-house hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Q5. What value addition has been done by DBS to the course of MAMC?
- A5. DBS has incorporated various value addition courses to the regular MAMC, offered by HNB Garhwal university, for skill enhancement of students. The various certifications are Radio Production Training, Television Production training, Dance classes, Anchoring classes, Theatre & Acting classes, CorelDraw, website development and Java technologies.
- Q6. What is the last date of registration?
- A6. The last date of registration shall be notified on website shortly. However you are advised not to wait for the last date to avoid any postal delay.
- Q7. Does Institute arrange for a Bank loan?
- A7. Yes, all nationalized banks will provide you loan once you have the admission letter from Doon Business School. College provides assistance & required documents needed for the bank loan.
- Q8. What is the Maximum/Average package offered to a DBS Student through Campus placements?
- A8. The Placements for the 2013-15 batches is currently going on. So far, the highest package offered is Rs. 4.2 lakhs and the average is Rs 2.4 lakhs.
Hope the above would have cleared your doubts about the process of admission. In case there is any other query regarding admission.
Please mail At email@example.com & call at 0135-3240733, 2699166.